The following is a simple reminder that there is a FREE app that can site on just about any smart device that can be used for training, development, guidance and reporting. You may well be familiar with the app however it should be noted that it has recently been upgraded to make it available in over 50 languages and the ‘look and feel’ has been improved to make it a more meaningful and more accessible tool.
The Action Counters Terrorism (ACT) app will allow you / your staff / your colleagues / your families to have the latest counter-terrorism information at your fingertips; it’s easy to use and completely free.
The ACT app features:
- incident reporting (through an online form)
- recommendations on how to plan your response to terrorist incidents
- first aid guidance
- counter-terrorism training and videos
- news bulletins about recent and current incidents
- feeds from the official social media channels of relevant organisations
- current threat and response levels
- links to organisations such as MI5, NaCTSO, and the Centre for the Protection of National Infrastructure (CPNI)
There is a very interesting link here (news story from the National Counter Terrorism Security Office from NaCTSO which explains why over 100,000 people are already using the app already.
To get started: